Friday, April 11, 2008

THE TIO REPLY

In response to my email of 27 March, I got the following reply from the TIO. Below the reply I reproduce my reply to the reply

From: "TIO Investigations Team" response@tio.com.au

Subject: TIO ref: 08/061042


Dear Dr Ray,

Thank you for your email received by the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman (TIO) on 28 March 2008. I am responding to you on the Ombudsman's behalf, in accordance with my responsibilities as Enquiry Manager.

The TIO did receive your letter dated 21 December 2007, however it was mistakenly assumed to be related to your previous Optus complaint. The letter was added to your file, but no further action was taken due to this oversight. I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this has caused.

The person who was handling your file has since left the TIO and therefore, the matter was passed on to Lou to action. It is my understanding that you believe Lou has misunderstood the issues of your complaint. I have had an opportunity to read the case notes left by Lou and see no evidence that this was the case. Lou has advised that she contacted you to clarify whether this was a different complaint to that originally lodged on 14 December 2007. Lou is an experienced Enquiry
Officer and while I have no doubt that she was attempting to assist you with your complaint, I do apologise if there was any confusion.

The TIO has since received a letter from the Honourable Kevin Rudd, MP on your behalf. I will be responding to your complaint directly via Mr Rudd's office as requested.

In closing, I regret that you feel that the handling of your complaint was less than satisfactory, however, I trust that this has addressed your concerns and a response to your recent correspondence will be forwarded via Mr Rudd's office.

Yours Sincerely

Tanya Erdos, Enquiry Manager

I replied:

Good to hear from you.

I am still amazed that it took three letters -- all of which were (as I expected) in fact received by the TIO -- to get a response out of the TIO. You've definitely got some dumb bunnies working there. And Lou certainly did everything to reinforce that impression. Please consider using an IQ test to weed out the incompetents.

Telstra have now told me that they will accede to my request

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"So I wrote to Kevin Rudd

(TIO) staff told Rudd's office that (TIO) had received NEITHER of my letters so Rudd's office forwarded (TIO) a third copy a day or two ago
...
The TIO has since received a letter from the Honourable Kevin Rudd, MP on your behalf. (TIO) will be responding to your complaint directly via Mr Rudd's office as requested..
...
a response to your recent correspondence will be forwarded via Mr Rudd's office."

Way to go, onya katrina.

I got a letter from her recently

..." If there are any other Federal Government matters with which Kevin may be of assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact..."

so reading your story is making me consider my reply very carefully. She may in fact be very much on the ball, it's not all just PR fluff.

... as well she might... I imagine Kev does not take kindly to embarrassing slipups and lapses of diligence on the part of his staff.
Katrina seems to have got the job of making sure that Griffith doesn't become the new Bennelong.

Speaking of which, another one for the Department of Squeeky Wheels, Oiling Thereof...

a GP in Kev's electorate has started a blog-assisted campaign about the insanity that is the implementation of His Kevship and Lady Nicola's policy of GP super centres. I'm assuming you're a Griffith constituent too, so you might like to get your practiced (pardon GP pun) teeth into

http://needmoregps.blogspot.com/

The good doctor is getting plenty of attention from various media but "Still no response from Mr Rudd on our specific suggestions to alleviate this problem"

I'll bet Katrina has a file for you, which she will make sure the paper trail is completely covered in, in case her boss ever audits her. Nudge nudge.

Cheers,
What did one squeeky wheel say to the other (squeeky wheel)? Oil have what you're having.